The state project taking place in front of the Museum is now complete, and traffic has resumed in both directions.
General Driving Tips
- The Museum garage opens at 5:30 a.m. every day. It is open until 11:00 p.m. Sunday - Thursday and 12:00 a.m. Friday - Saturday.
- On busy days, i.e. weekends and vacation periods, the garage may fill to capacity. Allow extra time to get to the Museum before your visit. Please note alternate parking options and our map and directions.
- We recommend arriving early (before 10:30 a.m.) or late (after 3:00 p.m.) for best parking availability.
- The Museum is located near the heart of Boston, and city traffic can cause backup as cars exit the garage. We appreciate your patience.
- Bring your ticket with you for payment at automated kiosks (cash or credit card) inside.