In addition to its regularly scheduled shows and presentations, the Museum frequently plans programs that happen both within the Exhibit Halls and around Boston. Whether you want to find stimulating conversation or gaze at the stars, this is the place to entertain your intellect.
- Firefly Watch (Special Program)
- Spotting fireflies is a special part of any warm summer night, because we so rarely see them. Are fireflies disappearing from our landscape? If so, why? What can we do about it? This Citizen Science website helps researchers determine why fireflies seem to be declining, and it offers the general ... (details).
- The Museum's Green Initiative (Special Program)
- In all we do, the Museum of Science strives to be a leader in using science to understand and consider the consequences of human actions on the Earth's ability to sustain and nurture life, and to use that understanding to guide our endeavors. For more information, please download the brochure (PDF) available below ... (details).
- Mugar Omni Theater 25th Anniversary/New England Time Capsule Return Engagement (Special Program)
- Back for a Limited Time! In 2012, the Mugar Omni Theater commemorates its 25th anniversary. Featuring New England's only IMAX® Dome screen, the theater first opened its doors on March 21, 1987. It has since welcomed over 17 million visitors and premiered signature films such as Everest, Kilimanjaro, and The Dream is Alive ... (details).
- Segway® Experience: Charles River Tour (Special Program)
- Now 50% Off It's a beautiful time of year to get rolling on our Segway Experience! And, for a limited time only, tours are 50% off! Roll along the Charles River and take in breathtaking views of Boston and the colorful fall foliage. Discount valid through November 25, 2012. Tours begin with an ... (details).
- Wind Turbine Lab (Special Program)
- In 2009, the Museum of Science installed a rooftop Wind Turbine Lab with five different types of small-scale turbines to expand its Green Initiative, a commitment to reducing its environmental footprint. The view from the Museum's garage roof in the image above shows (left to right): Proven 6, Swift, Skystream 3 ... (details).